KLIM Krios PRO Helmet ECE
Carved from the KRIOS DOT/ECE chassis, the KRIOS PRO is the first ADV-specific DOT helmet in North America to integrate Koroyd® materials and construction.
The KRIOS PRO helmet elevates standards in comfort, performance and airflow whilst leaving traditional compromises behind.
The ultimate ADV experience is made possible by high performance Carbon™ Fibre construction, four-ride-mode versatility, aerodynamic superiority and unrivaled acoustical and contact comfort.
The most advanced next generation energy absorber. Koroyd consistently outperforms existing materials, abosrbing more energy and reducing final trauma levels.
The Krios Pro helmet is a dual-sport helmet that is equally applicable for off-road as well as on-road riding. But in its construction it is a bit of a game changer. And that is because it does not have a traditional eps liner, but rather a revolutionary liner made from a material called Koroyd. This is a honeycomb material made from crushable, hollow tubes. It was originally developed for the aviation world, but it brings a number of benefits to motorcycle helmets. Consisting of 95% air, it is incredibly light. But it also absorbs 48% more energy than a traditional eps liner. And that's a huge advantage. The tubing in the Koroyd also makes for better venting; it also reduces noise levels in the helmet.
The outer shell of the Krios Pro is carbon fibre. When combined with Koroyd lining, the result is a helmet that is incredibly light.
For ventilation, the Krios has a three-position chin vent and an on/off brow vent.
As a Klim helmet, the Krios will be perfectly at home off road, especially given its weight. But remove the peak, and you get a helmet that is equally at home on the road. Remove the visor, and it can also be worn with goggles. The other detailing on the Krios Pro is as impressive as the rest of its spec..
The main visor is a Transitions visor, meaning that a drop-down visor is not necessary. The visor is non-scratch and comes with pinlock.
The chin strap on the Krios is also pretty trick. The helmet uses a magnetic system called Fid-lock. You can operate it with gloved hands.
If you want to use comms. the Krios is also compatible with Sena's SC10U.
The interior of the helmet can, as you might expect, be removed for washing.
Make no mistake; the Krios Pro is an amazing bit of kit. There’s no other helmet quite like it.
- FULL KARBON FIBER HAND LAID SHELL
- OPTIMIZED SHELL RESIN DISTRUBTION FOR WEIGHT REDUCTION
- KOROYD® ENERGY ABSORBING MATERIALS/CONSTRUCTION
- KOROYD® STRUCTURES CRUSH HOMOGENOUSLY FOR BETTER IMPACT ABSORPTION
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE CHIN/FOREHEAD VENTS
- PINLOCK-READY® ANTI-SCRATCH POLYCARBONATE SHIELD
- TRANSITIONS® PHOTOCHROMIC LENS INCLUDED
- FID-LOCK® STRAP CLOSURE SYSTEM
- FOUR RIDE MODES: STREET, ADVENTURE, DIRT, TRAIL
- GOGGLES COMPATIBLE WITH FACE SHIELD REMOVED
- REFINED AERODYNAMICS, VENTS AND LINER SYSTEM FOR A QUIETER RIDE
- VISOR AND SPOILER DESIGNED FOR AERODYNAMIC STABILITY
- ECE/DOT CERTIFIED
- KLIMATEK™ ANTIMICROBIAL/MOISUTRE-WICKING LINER
- SENA 10U COMPATIBLE
- QUICK-RELEASE, NO-TOOL SHIELD AND VISOR
- TESTED AND REVISED BY REAL-WORLD ADVENTURE RIDERS